Our friends at Parme Design, a successful garden design consultancy based in Cheshire, explain how to create the ultimate alfresco dining experience in your own garden or patio. Brits typically spend about 4.5 hours a week in our gardens, and 43% of that time is spent dining and 60% of it is relaxing. So it figures in today’s hectic, time-precious lifestyles we should be squeezing the maximum value out of our gardens and outdoor spaces. Eating and drinking outside is one of the joys of owning a garden, so here’s a few expert tips for how to make the best of it.
Creating Your Outdoor Dining Room
- White furnishings instantly open up any space, so it’s a good option if you have a small outdoor space. But remember light colours don’t always weather well, so choose materials that are easy to clean.
- Outdoor dining doesn’t have to mean formal, sitting at a traditional dining table. Dining sofa sets are becoming increasingly popular for eating and then relaxing afterwards all in the same place!
- When considering where to put your dining area (if you have a choice), think about the practicalities of carrying things, nipping to and fro back to the kitchen to get things, how near or far away do you need to be from the house?
- If you have a view, or a particularly nice aspect of the garden, position your dining area to make the most of it for guests to enjoy. Consider also planting fragrant plants like lavender, honeysuckle and old English roses that come into their own in the warm night air.
- To prolong the atmosphere and make the most of your garden at night, think about lighting and heating. There are lots of options today that have replaced the traditional bulky patio heater and subtle ambient lighting, particularly hidden amongst plants, creates a wonderful atmosphere – especially when combined with candles and lanterns.
About Parme Design
Designing and planting beautiful gardens across the UK for over 10 years, Parme Design are passionate about uncluttered landscape design that’s made to last. They believe that the true test of any garden is not just how it looks in the spring and summer, when borders and planters are blooming and colourful, but also how the garden looks through the cold winter months.
Garden Design Showcase
Here are just a few of the lovely gardens and outdoor dining rooms that Parme Design have created for their clients during the past 12 months.
This revamped garden design by Parme Design nicely shows off the London Rattan Corner Sofa Set by Maze Rattan and White Stores. Plants haven’t quite filled out yet though.
Thanks to the combination of a rattan sofa set and metal dining set, both a formal and casual dining experience is now possible in this attractively landscaped creation by Parme Design.
There are so many delightful places to relax in this Parme Design garden, where would you begin?
Furnished With Inspiration
Need any help creating your own outdoor dining room? Our friendly and knowledgeable sales team at White Stores will be happy to provide expert tips and advice on the perfect garden furniture and accessories for you. Just call us on 03331 235 235 – we’re open daily, including weekends, throughout the year.